Fall Ride Location

The votes have been tabulated and the top three places were: 1) Glacier National Park and Canadian Rockies, 2) Arizona desert, and 3) Western ghost towns.

I wish I could say that I expected such a wide variance, but I had no idea that you’d come up with as many different options as you did.  Thanks to each of you who took the time to vote and, in many cases, share your thoughts with me on why you voted the way you did.

It looks like we’re heading up to Glacier National Park and then scooting into Canada for some riding in and around Banff and Jasper National Parks.  I hope we can sneak in a ride through the Whistler area because it’s incredibly pretty.

As you know, this ride will cross an international border, so we’ll have to comply with laws that might be foreign (no pun intended) to us.  I don’t know Canadian motorcycle laws, but I’m sure one of our volunteers will help explain them to all of us.

I’m asking for a volunteer, or two, to look into our need to have passports to get into Canada.  Some of you said that one is needed to fly into our northern neighbor, but not to drive (or ride) into the land of the Maple Leaf.  Others said that a passport is required, regardless of means of entry.  Another person said that you can get into Canada with proof of US citizenship (birth certificate) and a state-issued photo ID.  Someone else said that we could get into Canada with rudimentary documents, but we couldn’t get back into the US without a passport.  Obviously, there is a lot of information to sort out if we’re going to follow US and Canadian laws.

If a couple of you could look into this and let the group know what paperwork we need to get into and out of Canada, we’d all appreciate it.

If you’d like to share your thoughts with me, please contact me.

As always, thanks for your continued support!